Comfort Keepers Mission
Comfort Keepers has been serving Livingston County and western Oakland County since 2002. In this time, we’ve had the privilege of meeting and caring for thousands of seniors and their families. Our caregivers and management team have worked diligently to make us the premier provider of in-home care in this area, and we strive each day to maintain that reputation. We do not take our responsibilities lightly and we are grateful to all those who have entrusted their care to us.
Our management team possesses over 20 years combined experience in eldercare. We also have elderly parents of our own, and truly understand the importance of client/caregiver compatibility, honesty, integrity, and compassion when assisting seniors. It’s important for us to know that you feel "comfort"able with who we are and our plan of care.
We sincerely believe in two factors:
- You’ll never get a better education than at the foot of an elderly person.
- When it comes to healthcare…there’s no such thing as second best.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest level of quality of life that is achievable. We shall treat each of our clients with the respect and dignity they deserve, as though we were caring for a member of our own family.
Interactive Caregiving™ is based on four primary pillars, which Comfort Keepers leverage to care for, engage, and interact with our clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and a longer life.
- A physically active senior maintains strength and independence, lessening or delaying the effects of aging.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
With our Interactive Caregiving approach, we are able to raise seniors’ quality of life to a higher level than typical in-home care providers.
Our employee selection process is highly selective. On average, only one in every 8-10 applicants meets our requirements. We value our caregivers because it is our caregivers who maintain our fine reputation in the community. All of our caregivers are bonded and insured, covered by Workers’ Compensation, and undergo a comprehensive screening process and extensive police-approved background check. We do not employ anyone who does not clear our interview and background requirements. We never want to send anyone to your home that we would not send to our own mothers' homes.